25. Wolf, Eric R., "Closed Corporate Peasant Communities in Mesoamerica
and Central Java," Southwest JAnthropol, Spring 1957.
26. Geertz, Clifford, Agricultural Involution. Berkeley and Los Angeles:
Univ. of Calif. Press, 1963.
27. Barraclough, Solon L., "Agricultural Policy and Strategies of Land Re-
form," Stud Comp Int Develop, Vol. 4, No. 8, 1968-69. pp. 167-197.
28. Mohsin, M., "The Tenor of Indian Urbanism: With Particular Reference
to Chittarajan," Social Bull, Vol. 12, No. 2, 1963. pp. 50-65.
29. Gutkind, P. L. W., "African Responses to Urban Wage Employment," Int
Lab R, 97, 1968. pp. 135-166.
30. Thomas, Dorothy Swaine, Research Memorandum on Migration Differen-
tials. New York: Social Science Research Council, 1938.
31. United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, The Mysore
Population Study. Population Studies No. 34. New York: United Nations, 1961.
32. Camisa, Zulma C., "Effects of Migration on the Growth and Population
in the Cities of Latin America," Proceedings of the World Population Conference. New York: United Nations, E/CONF. 41/5, 4, 1967. pp. 408-411.
33. Morris, David, The Emergence of an Industrial Labor Force in India: A
Study of Bombay Cotton Mills, 1854-1947. Berkeley: Univ. of Calif. Press, 1965.
34. Bogue, Donald J., and K. C. Zachariah, "Urbanization and Migration in
India," India's Urban Future, Roy Turner, ed. Berkeley and Los Angeles: Univ. of Calif. Press, 1962. pp. 27-54.
35. Zachariah, K. C., "Bombay Migration Study: A Pilot Analysis of Migra-
tion to an Asian Metropolis," Demography, Vol. 3, No. 2, 1966. pp. 378-392.
36. Kuznets, Simon, "Introduction: Population Redistribution, Migration,
and Economic Growth," Population Redistribution and Economic Growth, United States 1870-1950. Hope T. Eldridge and Dorothy Swaine Thomas, eds. Philadelphia: The American Philosophical Society, 1964. pp. xxiii-xxxv.
37. Ejiogu, C. N., "African Rural-Urban Migrants in the Main Migrant Areas
of the Lagos Federal Territory," The Population of Tropical Africa, J. C. Caldwell and C. Okonjo, eds. New York: Columbia Univ. Press, 1968. pp. 320-330.
38. Speare, Alden, Jr., "Determinants of Rural-Urban Migration in Taiwan,"
paper presented at the 1969 Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America. Boston, 1969.
39. Arriaga, Eduardo, "Components of City Growth in Selected Latin Ameri-
can Countries," Milbank Mem Fund Quart, Vol. 46, No. 2, 1968. pp. 237-252.
40. Misra, B. R., Socio-Economic Survey of Jamshedpur City. Patra: Patra
Univ. Press, 1959.
41. Abu-Lughod, Janet, "Migrant Adjustment to City Life: The Egyptian
Case/Mm/Soc/o/, 67, 1961. pp. 22-32.on Resources, New York: Oxford Univ. Press, 1970. to Greater Santiago (Chile),"